Expert, field-tested advice for anglers at every level
This comprehensive, entertaining, and foolproof guide covers everything novice and avid anglers need to know to catch freshwater fish–from bass and trout to salmon and walleye–and reveals the two basic ways to catch ALL fish.
With numerous photographs and illustrations, easy-to-follow instructions, and a liberal dose of good humor, the author shares his 40 years of angling expertise, including how to:
- Read the waters and the weather
- Select the right baits and lures for particular fish and situations
- Know which gear is essential and which is merely desirable
- Get maximum results on a minimum budget
- Practice proper etiquette and ethics
- Turn a tough day into a great one with dozens of tricks and tips
Laced with amusing anecdotes and commonsense, this book will unlock the secrets of fishing and teach anglers how to catch more fish.